Monday 21 October 2013

Life Adventure : Paragliding at Jugra Hill, Selangor






Bismillah (with the name of Allah swt)..

Asslammualaikum (peace be upon you)..


Hi readers!
For 4 months : I've idle yet still have a lot of good stories to be tell and share. Now..Be ready to my later updates ya! 


And today, my hand n mind willing to share about my experience in doing Paragliding activity. To whom doesn't know what is paragliding. Here..


#Info4u#
As an Intro, Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventure sport of flying paragliders: lightweight, free-flying, foot-launched glider aircraft with no rigid primary structure. Meanwhile, the 140 meters Jugra Hill has been selected due to its suitable height, favourable and consistent wind as well as the existence of flat and spacious landing area located some 10 kilometers downhill. Ever since 2006, Jugra Hill has been the location for paragliding enthusiast either to undergone paragliding training or for tandem joyride.

and my story began in Friday morning, 23 Aug 2013, when my fiancee called me to ask if i want to join him for paragliding in Jugra Hill, Banting..and i like......what!!!!! I like it! OK!




Like my face when i agreed to do paragliding,

Excited + thrill = weird!






All the arrangement for the activities was arranged by my fiancee and his friends..and Tomorrow morning is the date. Okey.......

24 August 2013 (Saturday)

The weather is just nice and a little windy. The professional peoples suggest to do the activity on the afternoon around 2 pm since the wind at that time is not very suitable for flying.

I'm lucky coz the place to do the activity is near with my house..around 4-5 km only. I just rode my car with my fiancee, my little bro and sis.

So, here I'm...at 2 pm.


Waiting mode....................
# Info4u#
At the below of the hill, it have a few gazebo for resting, and also small recreational park to exercise.

At 4 pm, the instructor as our team to go up the hill. My team including me, my fiancee and 2 of his member. While, my lil' brother n sis waiting at landing mark to capture moment when we're flying down.

The take off point to launch are near the light house (cliff at the peak of the hill) and the journey takes around 10 mins to get up there by car
.

View of from the launching point. The field down there is the landing mark.
There also another teams waiting to paragliding, as we're nervous, we're also shock with the fact that one of the team is recording Malaysia Book of Records for the youngest paraglider, 11 years old-trained boy and he's flying alone! Perghh...

For yr information, for untrained person, there must be a professional pilot to conduct the wings and before launching, we' had to sign a Responsibility Acknowledgement Form then, wearing the safety gear like harness and helmet.

My fiancee will launch first..hehehe

Setup gear for me..the bag behind me called harnness
Our pilot setup gears for my fiancee..

#Info4u# 

What is harness??

A harness offers support in both the standing and sitting positions. Most harnesses have foam or airbag protectors underneath the seat and behind the back to reduce the impact on failed launches or landings. Modern harnesses are designed to be as comfortable as a lounge chair in the sitting position. 



During my launch,my mind going blank. Seriously. Blank. Haha..too nervous maybe. 

As we know, launching and landing are done into the wind. At that time, the higher wind are blowing, thus the pilot has to use reverse launch as the pilot facing the wing to bring it up into a flying position, then turning around under the wing and running to complete the launch.

The pilot waiting for the right wind, he'll do'a first (he's a muslim) to ask Allah swt for our safe lauching and launding. And I?? mengucap la..who'll know what'll happen..he

As, the pilot says ok, he said lari, lari (Run2x)...and i just run until my foot floated in the air. 

Seriously, the view is awesome. Very breathtaking. I can see the view of the sea (Straits of the Malacca) as we fly at the sky...weeeeeeee.....hehe. I'm so happy...hehe. Unfortunately after around 7-10 mins, the wind going so strong and we've to land..If not, we can spend more time up there...

Here tips from me for the untrained people like me..
# During launch, look at the sky and run as fast u can. It'll reduce yr fear.
# As your foot didnt touch the ground, immediately pls landing back as u're sitting on the harnesses.
# For landing, as your feet touch the ground, u should run also.

The launching and the landing process, Jom Layannnn!!!!






             
My fiancee on the sky
His landing
and my turn....

That's me!!!!

  smile of the victory! I believe I can flyyyyy!!! hahaha
Here also my video during launching from the cliff of the hill. 



The experience is fun for me. I love during at the sky. So refreshing!
Thank you for reading, hope u enjoy..! See later!

P/s: To those who r interested, the fees r different from each people, here the info:
Persatuan Luncur Undara Malaysia
No. 31, Jalan Cemerlang 4,
Pusat Perdagangan Banting,
42700 Banting, Selangor.          
Tel : +603-3187 7586
Email: plummalaysia@yahoo.com
Website: www.mpha.com.my

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment